The light table is the overlay drawing builders, engineers, and architects in the construction industry considered until a decade before. But, the scenario is getting changed due to the evolution of the BIM. BIM stands for building information modeling.
BIM has made the process simple, and the complete project can be executed, managed, and designed from a single location and just on one file.
Insight About The Traditional Design Process
- The conventional design process is a linear workflow. This means a sequence of the task in which a single business will tend to pass their part of the project linearly. This stream will be done with a simple synchronization among each other.
- Both the designer and the client will produce the idea. Then they hand it over to the engineers, designers, and the other entire business stakeholder. These stakeholders will implement the plan.
- This will lead to an understanding of systems that are designed in segregation with no association or connection with each other.
- The chief defect in the traditional design process is the absence of the primary communication between the planners and the executors. Therefore, the outcome will have many results and creates confusion in the total design process.
- But, this was resolved by adopting a collective design approach. The entire management and communication begin from the initial stage of the design process. However, this demands team as the whole to come under one roof, and it involved cost and time.