Polyshield is a modern, high-performance, sprayed, two component pure polyurea elastomer. The material is based on various amino-polyester resins, amino-resin and MDI prepolymers, providing a flexible, durable and monolithic waterproofing membrane boasting truly efficient resistance to water and chemical activity.
Polyshield is characterised by high abrasion resistance, that’s why it is added into the armory of protective materials as waterproofing and corrosion-resistant coating in heavy and mining industries to prevent abrasive wear.
Polyurea-based Polyshield features
- 100% solvent-free material
- Unlike other materials, polyshield offers hydrophobic properties; therefore, it reacts poorly with wet or cold surfaces it is applied to.
- Larger gel time allows deeper penetration and impregnation.
- Extreme temperatures resistance (121°C+) with an ability to sustain short 150°C loads.
- High abrasion resistance
- Higher strength in comparison with the majority of analogs
- Class 1 Flammability, National Fire Protection Association USA (NFPA) compliant
Spheres of application
The material has been successfully applied in numerous types of residential and commercial facilities; Polyshield is primarily used for:
- Protection of steel from abrasion
- Waterproofing (swimming pools, roofwaterproofing, sewage tanks, dams , tunnels, barges and etc.)
- Replacing or repairing sheet membrane coatings
- Waterproofing and corrosion protection of steel tanks, silos and pipelines
- Protective elastomer for polystyrene
- Protective coating for asbestos cement sheets , lead paint and a range of hazardous materials
- Protective coating for truck bodies, cars, dump cars; roofcoating.
Britannia Paints Company, a nationwide recognised UK manufacturer, even provides roof coating and roof waterproofing materials for defensive industry, which confirms the fact of unsurpassed reliability of polyshield-based products. Continue reading “Next Gen Roof Coating In Action, Polyshield” »